The AEOLIAN project will lead to the following outputs:
- “Employing machine learning and artificial intelligence in cultural institutions”
- “How can ML/AI help improve visitor-facing experiences?”
- “What challenges do they raise in terms of privacy, ethics, research integrity, reproducibility, and bias?”
- “What value can they add to sharing content, methods, expertise and practice?”
- “Creating and interrogating all document types and unlocking new data.”
- “What sorts of new and emerging methods will enable new breakthroughs in working with digital collections?”
Five Case Studies of US and UK Cultural Organisations:
- Wellcome Trust
- Frick Collection
- The National Library of Wales and History of Parliament
- The HathiTrust
- The National Library of Scotland
These case studies will feed into an open-access 100-page report for an interdisciplinary audience outlining avenues for future research.
Two Collections of Essays:
These collections will be based on research from the AEOLIAN project, and will be published as special issue of journal or edited collection.